A Note from Pastor Andy on Returning to In-Person Services
We have set a tentative date of Sunday, June 21st (Father’s Day) for our first in-person service post Covid-19. As we head back into in-person services, I want to assure you that we will continue to monitor the situation closely, and while we are preparing for June 21st, if any point I feel it is best to wait longer or pause on our in-person meetings, we will do so. While we could not be more excited to meet and worship together again in-person, I also know this announcement may bring many questions. We want to assure you, we have met extensively with a member of the CDC who has helped us craft safety guidelines, and will be taking many precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe. These guidelines are listed below: Sanitation:
- We will be placing automatic hand sanitizer stations throughout the auditorium, lobby, and kids areas.
- For right now, we will not be offering food, water bottles, or coffee; but we do encourage you to bring your coffee, water, or snack from home!
- All surfaces and door handles will be sanitized before, during, and after the service.
- We will be utilizing giving boxes located at the back of the auditorium near the lobby doors in lieu of passing the giving buckets during service.
- We ask that all volunteers and attendees do their best to remain 6′ apart.
- We will eliminate every other row of chairs to accommodate social spacing.
- We will be providing multiple entrances and exits as well as kids’ check-in stations to accommodate social spacing.
- At Factory, we love that you love to hug, high five, and shake hands; but we are asking you to refrain from that for right now. We will be providing foam fingers to have a fun high five from 6′ apart.
- Our parking lot will be the new lobby space! We will be blocking off parking spots directly in front of the garage door to provide space for socializing outside.
- We have encouraged our volunteers working in close contact with people to please wear a mask.
- Masks are not required by attendees. We will have masks available at the check-in and welcome table should you need one.
- Toys and surfaces will be wiped down before, during, and after each service in all kids classrooms.
- We will be offering Factory Kids services and will be pre-packaging goodie bags for kids with their own pack of colors, coloring sheet, water bottle, and pre-packaged snack in order to eliminate the sharing of toys.
- We are asking that families pre-register their kids ahead of time. You can register your child on our website www.thefactorychurch.com
- We will be limiting capacity numbers in each of our kid’s classrooms.
- In an effort to limit capacities in kid’s classrooms, we are asking that 5th graders join their parents in the service. We will not be offering babies and 1’s classrooms during this time.
- We will sanitize your child’s hands coming into the classroom and exiting the classroom.
- We are asking that 1 parent drop off and pick up, and will allow 2 adults into the yoga studio at a time for pick up and drop off.
- If you or your child are not feeling well, we would ask that you please stay home and join us for our online service.
- We would advise those in our church family that are most vulnerable, our elderly, those with pre-existing conditions, or who are immune-compromised to please continue to watch our services online for a season. We care deeply about you and don’t want you to feel pressured to be in the service right now. We will continue to provide online services so you can stay plugged in and connected.
- We also understand that every person has a different comfort level with meeting in-person, and that is ok! We will continue to offer our services online as well as in-person, and will continue virtual connect groups so you can stay connected with your Factory Family.
If you have had any of the following symptoms this week, please worship with us online:
- Fever over 100F in the last 72 hours
- Flu-like symptoms
- Cough or Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 (in the past 14 days)
Thank you so much, Factory Church, for your faithfulness over the last several months. While it has been challenging for all of us, you have stayed plugged in online and connected with us through our social media platforms and virtual connect groups. Together, we have made a massive difference in our community through sharing online services, supporting local ministries making a big impact, and showing love and support to local businesses…. We cannot wait to see you back in-person on June 21st.